Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ahoy Matey! Pirate Ships and Shopping!

If you haven't been shopping at your local thrift stores lately, now is the time! Here in PA our thrift stores are packed with merchandise.  The donation bids are overflowing and the sales floor is brimming with goods. This week I found several toys that were new in box and they were immediately listed on Amazon (the holiday selling season will be here before you know it).  I also found everything from designer shoes to house wares.  Look for Hallmark ornaments if your store holds a Christmas in July sale. See, now you know what I haven't written lately, but a girl's got to shop, right?!

Summer is super busy, so I need to keep this short.  I just wanted to give you a little prod in case you've only been hitting yard sales.  As much as I love yard sales, I get tired of driving around and only finding duds lately.  I haven't given up on yard sales by any means, especially since I got this Playmobil pirate ship for $5:


and sold it for $80 in a few days! It's my third toy pirate ship this summer, so now it's something I look for if they have accessories with them. Be on the lookout for the Fisher Price Imaginext pirate ships too.

Now for some shameless self-promotion! Last month I was a featured in Auctiva's education newsletter.  I love Auctiva and have used their service for many years.  Here's a link to the article.

Happy selling (and shopping),

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment