Monday, January 24, 2011

Men Like Hot Shaving Cream!

Be on the lookout for hot lather machines! Apparently some men must have their shaving cream warmed and they are willing to pay big bucks to get it! 

Several months ago I bought a Conair Hot Lather Machine in chrome at a thrift store. It was brand new, still in the original package and priced at $3.97. When I got home I searched both eBay and Amazon and found a pretty big price difference. On eBay they were selling for about $40, but on Amazon I listed it for $79.99 and it sold!

It's model number HML11 in Chrome if you find it! Here's a photo:



Last week I found a vintage Schick Hot Lather Machine Kit with the shaving cream. It was also unused in the original box.  It just sold tonight for $34.99 but I only paid $2 for it.  I only had it listed for 3 days!

Here's the kit, not sure if the buyer is going to use it or if it's for a collection.




Last year Ollies Bargain Outlet (a discount store in PA) has some Conair Hot Lather Machines on sale for $9.99.  I bought a few and but realized that they weren't the HML11 (as pictured in chrome above) and I never took them back.  I ended up listing them on eBay for $22.99 and they all sold very quickly, mainly going to Canada.  It wasn't a huge profit, but they were a quick flip and easy to ship.  Most of all I didn't have to return my "mistake" purchase!

So keep an eye out for hot later machines. Recent completed sales on eBay show even used ones selling for up to $27.

Happy Selling,

No comments:

Post a Comment